Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jackson, MS - James Bennett

Ozy is in Jackson for one reason: to continue his archeological excavation of James Bennett's record warehouse, a cavernous leaky-roofed building out on Medgar Evers Boulevard in the heart of Jackson's ghetto.



James Bennett still runs his BIP record store as well as his gospel label J&B Records. In the past he has released soul, blues, and rap on his other labels called Traction, Retta, and Big Thigh. In the early 1980's he created the La Jam label exclusively for Bobby Rush.

3 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Can you please contact me I'm looking for album you make for a group call Freedie Dean in the early 8p's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early 80's please call me @704-968-3623 need to speak to immediately I want to purchase an old albums you cut

      Delete
  2. Call me 615-608_1809 want know if you have some old bright star records

    ReplyDelete